You are here -> Information Go to homepage
This page is designed to offer all visitors clear information relating to what is and what is not available to them through registration of this website. If you are unsure about any aspect of this website, please contact us first. Our contact details are clearly shown in 'Terms and Conditions'.
Before registering -
- please visit our 'Terms and Conditions' and read carefully all information, in particular those terms relating to refunds and cancellations, namely sections 9 and 10. You should also visit 'Statistics' to become familiar with what data is available.
Our advice -
- is to register only if you are seriously searching for someone.
Should you register? -
- You should only register if both you, and the person you are looking for, are over the age of 18.
During the registration process -
- be accurate with spellings of names
- use full names, not abbreviations, i.e. use Michael, not Mike etc.
- use your full name, i.e. Andrew Smith, not A Smith.
- do not enter
mobile numbers, email addresses of home addresses in the message area
of your profile
- search our profile databases.
- edit details within your profile.
- add photos to your profile.
- change username and password.
- contact others that are searching.
- read messages from others that searching and from us in your inbox.
- upgrade your registration
to view data held within your folders.
- open their folders containing data from the electoral roll or births, deaths and marriages.
- delete their profile without paying an administrative fee named in 'Terms and Conditions' section 2.6
Those who pay the upgrade fee can -
- view data within their folders (Please note, there may be a delay of up to 24 hours for full data loading completion, see 'terms and Conditions' section 4.1).
Those who pay the upgrade fee cannot -
- search the electoral register directly.
- search the register of births, deaths and marriages directly.
- view data within their folders from the register of births, deaths and marriages prior to 1984. This data is available through our premium rate number at 50 pence per minute.
If you register you should expect -
- uninterrupted access to all facilities named above for a period of 10 years.
If you upgrade you should expect -
- available data in line with availability as shown in 'Statistics' to be accurately loaded into their folders within 24 hours.
- access to this data for printing, copying or saving for a period no less than 14 days.
Additional notes -
- Our responsibility is to supply data that is available. We routinely supply this data in advance into your folders. This is done so that should a user upgrade, data is immediately available. The data that we supply is usually targeted at your needs. i.e. for users looking for fathers, we will provide electoral data, for users looking for birth mothers, we will provide marriage data.
- With regard to the afore mentioned, you must expect by registering, to receive emailed notification to your registered email address, one email for every folder that we complete, whether upgraded or not. By registering, you agree to accept that these emails are not unsolicited. You will receive a maximum of one for every folder. We will also use any registered mobile number to notify you of data, to a maximum of one text message.